Aqueity Tech Tip #46: Google Chrome Extensions for Productivity and Security
Google Chrome Extensions for Productivity and Security
Here are 7 Google Chrome extensions to consider adding if you need a boost in productivity and/or security:
- HabitLab: This extension helps you reduce time wasted on social media sites, YouTube, and other potential productivity sucks by setting time controls and "interventions" on specific sites.
- OneNote Web Clipper: With this extension you can easily clip all or part of a webpage to add into OneNote for reference.
- Noisli: Noisli plays ambient noise while you work to help calm your nerves and promote focus.
- HTTPS Everywhere: This extension will make your web browsing experience more secure by encrypting your communication with major websites. It automatically switches thousands sites from their insecure http versions to more secure https versions, adding an extra layer of protection. (Note: It is important to keep in mind that there are still many sites that link to 3rd party domains that aren't available over https.)
- Windows Defender: The Windows Defender extension adds an extra layer of protection against a set of known malicious links. If you come across one of these links while browsing the web in Chrome a red warning sign will pop up and ask if you'd truly like to proceed further.
February, 22, 2019
February, 11, 2019
January, 28, 2019
January, 9, 2019