Reports to: Service Manager
This document outlines the Job Description and Responsibilities for the Associate Technician – First Responder, who is responsible for handling first-level support of service requests and being the first point-of-contact for our clients requiring support. The Associate Technician – First Responder will support and triage incoming issues on the following technologies: workstations, printers, servers, networks, and vendor-specific hardware/software.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Act as the first-line technical analyst for service request tickets
- Provide excellent customer service with a high degree of professionalism and empathy
- Triage and classify incoming service requests by gathering information from clients and computer systems
- Resolve service requests during the first phone call if possible, and escalating service requests to other resources as needed
- Document basic support processes and knowledgebase articles for recurring issues as needed, and escalating identified recurring issues to support engineers
- Create, document, and escalate support requests in accordance with ticketing standards and service-level agreements
Additional Duties And Responsibilities
- Additional duties and responsibilities to be added based on technician's strengths
Education, Experience & Certifications
- 1+ years of experience providing customer support by phone and email
- Associates degree in a technology-related field from an accredited college or university; 1+ years of related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Call center experience preferred, but not required
- Certifications preferred, but not required (e.g. CompTIA A+, Microsoft MTA/MCSA, etc.)
- Experience with ConnectWise PSA and/or Kaseya RMM preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills, And/or Abilities Required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Commitment to continuous personal and professional growth
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work in a team-oriented environment and communicate effectively
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly while managing competing priorities
- Basic to advanced knowledge of workstation operating systems and printers
- Understanding of support tools, troubleshooting techniques and how technology is used to provide IT services
- Able to lift computer equipment, approx. 40lbs.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.